Seamlessly integrated Investment Administration solutions that are customised, comprehensive, cost-effective and reliable. Prescient Fund Services (PFS) is a separately incorporated business offering Global Fund Administration and platform services to its clients. The broad scope of the Group and ability to leverage off other business licences allows PFS to offer a comprehensive range of tailored services.
Global Fund Administration Services
Prescient Fund Services’ operating model offers solutions based on the business requirements of each client, rather than standardized off the shelf products. This approach allows us to tailor our offerings to meet the specific needs of our clients in every way.
Our offering includes:
- Fund administration services, including traditional fund administration and alternative fund administration
- Risk management
Our Dublin-based fund services company, Prescient Fund Services (Ireland) is an approved administrator of regulated funds in Ireland, and provides specialist outsourced fund services to external asset managers, multi-managers and other institutional investors globally.
Fund Administration Services
Administration developed as a core competency within the Group through many years of delivering this service to Prescient Investment Management. We recognised other asset managers‘ need to access efficient and affordable third party administration and as a result Prescient Fund Services was incorporated as a separate business in order to offer independent third party administration.
Traditional Fund administration includes:
Portfolio administration, including:
- Valuation - underlying assets
- Fees and NAV based fee calculations
- Performance fee calculations
- Fund payments
Transfer agency/Investor Services, including:
- Subscriptions, redemptions, top ups and switches
- FICA/AML/FACTA tagging and reporting
- Customised investor reporting (statements and contract notes)
Front office system integration
Pre- and post-trade compliance
Online web access
Global Alternative administration includes the ability to customise and administer alternative funds including:
- Single prime brokered funds
- Multi prime brokered funds
- Multi-manager hedge funds
- Fund of hedge funds
- Segregated mandate funds
- Private Equity fund structures
End to end Hedge Fund Administration, including:
- Portfolio valuation, including independent pricing of derivative instruments
- NAV based fee calculations using common practice for performance fees
- Ability to administer funds with series accounting and equalization methodologies
Dealing and settlement functions, including:
- Administration of bank accounts and payment of expenses
- Facilitation of bank transfers
- Facilitation of underlying investment transactions (Fund of Hedge Funds)
Regulatory reporting for regulated hedge funds (South Africa)
Financial reporting functions including preparation of financial statements and liaising with auditors
Automated solutions, integrated systems, web access and end to end reliance
Customisable reporting suited to the investment manager’s defined requirements
Value-adding risk and performance analysis for regulatory compliance and informed investment decisions.
Prescient Analytics provides independent risk management services to asset managers, asset owners, advisors, investors and service providers.
Our offering includes independent risk and performance analysis, fund management compliance, regulatory reporting and quantitative analysis to the domestic and international asset management industry.
Clients include asset owners like pension funds, independent financial advisors, asset managers and service providers.
Global Fund Platform Services
Prescient Fund Services (PFS) offers a broad range of platform services to clients. The Prescient Group holds numerous regulatory licenses within its business units. PFS is able to leverage off of the various legal entities and licenses allowing it to offer a broad range of platform services to clients.
Platform services include:
- Co-naming collective investment schemes (white labeling)
- Pre-and post- retirement products (white labeling)
- Offshore Dublin regulated ACTIS and AIFM products (white labeling)
- Hedge funds (regulated South African products)
Policy & Benefit Administration
Prescient Fund Services offers the following services to 3rd party life companies and retirement funds:
Prescient Life can perform policy administration for other insurers who wish to outsource their policyholder administration.
Prescient Fund Services does member administration for the Prescient Retirement Funds and can perform this function for other retirement funds.